Technical Consultant (Automation and DevOps)
Basingstoke, England, United KingdomPre-Sales
Nomios' mission is to build a ‘secure and connected’ future. Organisations across Europe depend on us to help secure, connect and automate their digital infrastructures.
In support of our rapid and continued UK growth, we are currently seeking a Technical Consultant to join our automation practice. This is a fantastic opportunity for a smart, high-energy individual, who is passionate about network automation and the benefits it can bring to an organisation.
Your role as Technical Consultant
The automation practice provides both pre-sales and professional services to our customers. As a Technical Consultant, you will be involved from the start of an engagement all the way through to design, deployment, and handover.
The role will suit someone who is passionate about the field of network automation, enjoys finding solutions to challenging problems, loves talking to customers, and can think on their feet. One day you could be helping a customer implement a single source of truth, the next helping a customer manage their network as code, and the day after scoping a project to implement an API to expose all the above. The scope is broad, but you will be part of a team and given all the support and training needed to be successful.
You will have a mix of the following skills and experience:
- A passion for DevOps and the benefits that automation can bring
- At least two years’ experience working in a network engineering or similar role
- At least two years’ experience working with Python
- Proven ability to run workshops, lead design workstreams, and present technical solutions to customers
- Strong knowledge of network and cloud security best practices
- Developing and integrating APIs (REST, GraphQL, NETCONF)
- Implementing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines (Gitlab)
- Building and troubleshooting containerised services with Docker and Kubernetes
- Managing environments using infrastructure configuration tools (Ansible, Pulumi, Terraform)
In addition, the following skills and experience are desirable:
- Experience with cloud infrastructure in one of the following: AWS, Azure, GCP
- Knowledge/certifications with any of the following vendors would be advantageous: IP Fabric, Itential, Apstra, Juniper, Arista
- Familiar with a test-driven development approach
- Experience working in Scrum teams
- Depending on the type of work assigned, the Technical Consultant may work from home, from our Basingstoke office, or on-site with customers.
- Hours are full-time: Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:30pm. Occasional evening or weekend work may be required.
- There will be some travel with overnight stays in the UK and occasionally abroad where necessary.
- You will be required to attend customer sites across the UK and must therefore have a full UK driving licence.
Why would you choose to come and work with us?
Nomios is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating and sustaining an environment in which everyone is provided with an equal opportunity to grow and develop, and no individual will be unjustly discriminated against. This includes, but is not limited to, discrimination because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex and sexual orientation.